Sunday, January 15, 2012

Creating

Generally when I think about creating something, I think about making quilts.  In order to finish my graduate degree on time, I am reconceptualizing creating to also include WRITING.  My thesis is focused on the Modern Quilt Guild, so it is totally awesome and fun, but it isn't quite the same as making stuff...Today I pieced together a few pages of my literature review while continuing to transcribe away.  I almost have 200 pages of interviewing transcribed.  And I have several more to do.  And then I need to whittle it down to a much shorter thesis...

After a few hours of that, I felt the need to reward myself with some quilting.  Apparently the reconceptualization is still taking hold...
So I did some cutting...and from this angle it doens't even seem like I spent too much time on it. 

But a few episodes of an unmentionable television show and several pots of tea later, I had these towering stacks...

And...these sheets from the mega-sale at the Garnet Hill outlet really want to be used as backs, so I guess I must continue to quilt...AND WRITE.



No comments:

Post a Comment